Access full history of data within graphs

I was looking to the detailed point of time of minimal temperature on 9/08 (a little more then 13 d ago).
Hence I opened the graph within my iPads App and scrolled to the left. As max outzoomed, I could see the bars and even all days since setup of this station early this month.
As I zoomed in step by step I had to consider, the last displayed values l get, when I scroll to the left end, get younger and younger. As on the max. zoomlevel (minutes) only the last 24h are displayed.
@corrineb couldn’t you say anything according my suggestion there might be a maximum of points to be displayed ? Is there a way to configure ?
Or is there a different issue?!
It’s consistent to all values. For example 2 screenshots of the temp. IMG_1670IMG_1676

Maybe, the forum software has hidden the thread from your eyes ?
Hence, I’ll mention here @corrineb, @WFmarketing, @dsj, …

Hi Henning. You are correct: each zoom level currently only displays a fixed set of points, starting with the latest observation and going back in time. At the one-minute level, you can scroll back one day. At the five-minute level, five days. At the 30-minute level, 30 days. And so on…

Adding the ability to see any point in time at any zoom level is on our roadmap.

dsj, Is there a way to access this data via the API at all? We had a weather event here a couple of days ago that was apparently 85mm in 15 mins. It’s caused some flooding in my house. I can see my WeatherFlow has recorded a much lower total (around 15-20mm). I think I could get some useful data from the intensity data it captured even if the accumulation is wrong, but I don’t have a fine enough view of that period. Getting this might be useful in my “discussions” with the developers next to us.

Hi brad,
Yes the API option is available and at least one of the 3rd-party projects has already implemented the download and local storage to a database.
Are you familiar with Linux ?
Do you have an RasPi around ?
Then take a look to WFArchive .

2 Likes

Yes, as @dsfg points out, station owners can retrieve all data produced by their station via our API and via several third-party applications that use it. See https://community.tempest.earth/c/owners/integrations for details

3 Likes

Thanks dsj and dsfg. I had already integrated with the observation rest api and I had it stuck in my head that it was latest observations only that were available. I completely glossed over the start_time/end_time params. I was way too tired obviously. Managed to grab the data I needed before it dropped off the 1m interval range.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

You can actually go back in time as far as you need with the 1m data. The only restriction is that each request span a max of 24 hours.